Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is a cracker bow string worth the money
Team Natural Outdoors > General Discussions > Camp Fire Talk
bubba
i have a parker buckmaster and was wondering if i should go with a cracker string.
give me some feed back
curs1
Yes to me they are. I have been shooting them for the last 5 years or so and I won't use anything else. He uses 452X material by BCY. Also will make them any color you want that is available by BCY also. No peep rotation is my biggest reason for using his strings and also no stretch is the biggest one for me. I shoot a lot more then most do also.
canam
I've tried many other brands of strings including Winner's Choice and Pro Strings. There is no comparison in the string quality. I'll never go back. smile.gif
RHINO
Yes.
Natural_Dad
I'll cast my vote as a YES for Cracker Strings....I have used alot of different strings including Winners Choice etc....My favorite were the Barracuda strings that came on the Mathews bows. But after trying Cracker strings I even changed the strings off my Switchback bow to Cracker strings. I shoot a BowTech Equalizer 2007, Crackerized!! They make a hunge difference for bowhunters/shooters that like precision shooting!! cool.gif

That's what I said.....precision!!!
whistle.gif
tinman1
that's precision...................../\/\/\/\/\
Passthru
I have them on most half of my bows put one on my slayer 3 years ago and to this day no stretch no rotation no nothing it is all in the way he makes them.
bubba
where is the best place to get one put on at
canam
The only place around here is right here with curs1 unless you get on the list and send your bow to Crackers. Evan can have strings here in a couple of weeks and have you ready to roll in no time.
Passthru
I can sell you one with no problem orange and green $385 and I will give you a free Martin Cheetah with it> laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dabo
My PSE Scorpion is Cracker/Foxed! That is to say, I have Cracker strings, rigged by Evan Fox; alias curs1. For those who might not know, Evan travels out west to work with "cracker" (whatever his name is) for several weeks at a time doing nothing but setting up bows with cracker strings, 19 hours a day, and has become a skilled apprentice/clone of the cracker himself. Evan's string and bow setup has become approved by the "cracker" himself, as being equal! So having curs1 set up your cracker string, is like having cracker set up your cracker string, with no waiting time beyond a few days... That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! No extra charge!
BuckWild
Is a Cracker bow string worth the money?

My vote is NO! It's worth so much more. biggrin.gif

I have one on my BowTech Equalizer and one on a Parker Hunter Mag. That Parker has never shot so good. That BowTech has never shot another string.
Woody7687
My Matthews FX has cracker string and ask canam, curs1 or my dad they will tell yuou about my facial expressions once I shot my bow with the new string. Cracker string only from now on. Oh Vurs1 my dad wants you to put some string on his bow before he move to SC
bubba
o
bubba
name='canam' date='Dec 8 2007, 09:21 PM' post='70674']
The only place around here is right here with curs1 unless you get on the list and send your bow to Crackers. Evan can have strings here in a couple of weeks and have you ready to roll in no time.

lets make it happan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.