Major and Minor Feeding Times
ladderslug
post Sep 17 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #1

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 368

Do we have on the TNO site anything with a calendar with Major and Minor Feeding Times? If not does anyone have a site on the web?

--------------------
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.

I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'

- Ronald Reagan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BuckWild
post Sep 17 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

TNO has a great weather page here. Tides on there based on location. The feed times coinside with the tides (lunar tables). If I remember correctly the major feed is when the moon is over-head and under-foot. The minor feed is when the moon is on either horizon.

--------------------
Addicted to BOWLIFE.

I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am. ~ John Newton

+Quote Post
Dabo
post Sep 17 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #3

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Group: Team Member
Member No.: 54

That's about it, Necked.... Here's the total skinny;

OK... Back in 1926, this guy named John Knight came up with this idea, and determined there were around 33 factors that might influence animal feeding times. Through careful examination, these factors were eliminated one by one, and all that were left were the sun, the moon, and the tides. These influence what are called PEAK times. Here's how it works.

Major feeding periods occur when the moon is directly overhead, or directly under foot (overhead directly on the opposite side of the earth from you). Minor feeding times are right before moonrise or moonset. When those times coenside within about an hour either side of sunrise or sunset, the effect is amplified significantly. This explains the major and minor peaks. From our moon chart on our weather page, you can calculate the major peaks by simply adding or subtracting 6 hours from moonrise or moonset times.

The days in a given month where there is a full or new moon, also amplifies these effects, and are the best fishing days of any given month. When moonrise and moonset coinsides with sunrise or sunset, the effect is enhanced even more. These would be the very best days of the month to fish at sunrise and sunset.

June is THE month where the combine gravitational forces are combined, where during the full moon, the earth and moon are on opposite sides of the earth, and during the new moon their forces are combined since they are rotating together and their gravities are combined.

So, guys and gals, on the days that moonrise and moonset coinside with sunrise and sunset in the month of June during the full moon phase days and the new moon days, THOSE would be the best days and times of the year to take off from work a few days and fish like a maniac!!!

--------------------
Far better is it to dare to do mighty things; to acheive glorious triumphs, though checkered with failure; than to join the ranks of those poor spirits who neither suffer much nor enjoy much, because they live in that great twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat...
T. Roosevelt

+Quote Post
dawgs1
post Sep 18 2007, 06:03 AM
Post #4

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,267

That there is one fart sm I mean one smart feller! blink.gif

+Quote Post
stick'em
post Sep 18 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #5

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,307

guitar.gif

+Quote Post
Dabo
post Sep 18 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #6

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Group: Team Member
Member No.: 54

blush.gif

--------------------
Far better is it to dare to do mighty things; to acheive glorious triumphs, though checkered with failure; than to join the ranks of those poor spirits who neither suffer much nor enjoy much, because they live in that great twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat...
T. Roosevelt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:12 AM