Rating: 0 ( 0 total votes )

Article Information

Created by: ICEMAN
On: Jul 17 2009, 11:09 PM

Last edited by: Natural_Dad
On: Jul 20 2009, 06:51 AM

Views: 3424

Omega Elite Rest
This article has been viewed 3424 times.
Omega Elite Rest by Athens Archery -

News from the ATA show this year was that this was going to be one of the big new items for the year. A rest that combined the best of both worlds. Full containment and zero contact. I was already familiar with a similar rest with the Hostage Pro but had had troubles with the brushes so we decided to give this new rest a field review. The actual housing seemed to be very well built and rest worked on a drop away arm technology. No brushes to wear out looked like the way to go. Installation went well then out to the range. Shot the first arrow and it did not drop away. We made some adjustment to loosen it up some and got that part working but now the arms got too tight at full draw and pull the arrow from the string. Although it was no easy task, Westside Jack and I finally got it adjusted. The arrow flight was quite erratic. It looked like I was throwing knuckle ball down the lane. Jack was watching the flight as I shot and he believes that, being the rest drops away time you release that the arrow has no ride at all on the arms. We believe that it lets go too early. The cocking mechanism was very cheaply made compared to the other parts of the rest. It was very noisy to say the least. We shot about 75-80 shot to give it a fair test and neither of us were very impressed. I will be taking it off my bow in the morning and putting the Hostage Pro back on until Tuesday, when my new ###### rest will be in.
Print Article

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 12:37 PM