+Quote Post
Natural_Dad
post Jul 20 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #2

The Nat Dad
Group Icon

Group: Super Admin
Member No.: 4

Excellent Review. We haven't had a good product review in a while so it was refreshing to see one come in from a TNO member. Even when the product get a "thumbs down" review....I feel that is GREAT information to keep other TNO members informed on what and what not to expect from a product.

Concerning the Omega Elite Rest by Athens....seems the only thing I liked about it was the name. But then again, I'm not impressed with the Hostage Pro or any of the Octane styled rest including the Zero effect. I prefer a containment drop away rest that I have a little more control over with adjustments and tuning.

Again, EXCELLENT review...and thanks for sharing it with us here on TNO!!
good.gif

--------------------
An Arrow in Flight Holds Promise!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BuckWild
post Jul 20 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

Thanks for the review, ICE. Although I'm not in the market for a rest its good to know what's going on in the arena of design and technology that is going into our bows and accessories. Thanks again.

--------------------
Addicted to BOWLIFE.

I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am. ~ John Newton

+Quote Post
Dabo
post Jul 20 2009, 07:11 AM
Post #4

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Group: Team Member
Member No.: 54

Good review, brother!
I apologize for bypassing it earlier. When I saw it yesterday, because of the small font, I thought it was a "cut and paste" and didn't bother reading it. Sorry bro! Again, excelent review!

--------------------
Far better is it to dare to do mighty things; to acheive glorious triumphs, though checkered with failure; than to join the ranks of those poor spirits who neither suffer much nor enjoy much, because they live in that great twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat...
T. Roosevelt

+Quote Post
ICEMAN
post Jul 20 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #5

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

sorry about that. I entered the thread under the knowledge section and then hit open discussion and this thread appeared.

Here is the actual review.

Omega Elite Rest by Athens Archery -

News from the ATA show this year was that this was going to be one of the big new items for the year. A rest that combined the best of both worlds. Full containment and zero contact. I was already familiar with a similar rest with the Hostage Pro but had had troubles with the brushes so we decided to give this new rest a field review. The actual housing seemed to be very well built and rest worked on a drop away arm technology. No brushes to wear out looked like the way to go. Installation went well then out to the range. Shot the first arrow and it did not drop away. We made some adjustment to loosen it up some and got that part working but now the arms got too tight at full draw and pull the arrow from the string. Although it was no easy task, Westside Jack and I finally got it adjusted. The arrow flight was quite erratic. It looked like I was throwing knuckle ball down the lane. Jack was watching the flight as I shot and he believes that, being the rest drops away time you release that the arrow has no ride at all on the arms. We believe that it lets go too early. The cocking mechanism was very cheaply made compared to the other parts of the rest. It was very noisy to say the least. We shot about 75-80 shot to give it a fair test and neither of us were very impressed. I will be taking it off my bow in the morning and putting the Hostage Pro back on until Tuesday, when my new ###### rest will be in.

+Quote Post
Natural_Dad
post Jul 20 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #6

The Nat Dad
Group Icon

I'm interested in what the new ####### rest will be. If it's a Whisker Biscuit, don't even tell me!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ICEMAN
post Jul 20 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #7

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Here is a hint.

[attachment=12267:QAD.jpg]

Mind you I am new to this game so I am trying stuff that is recommended here on TNO, what I read about or what Jack and I decide to try.

Got a dozen new arrows made up Saturday. I will post pic's later. I was down to about 6 left out of the first batch. I robinhooded another this past week out there shooting with Jack at 40 yards. This stuff is getting expensive.

+Quote Post
Natural_Dad
post Jul 20 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #8

The Nat Dad
Group Icon

Ahhh!!!! The QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series HD. I Think you've made a very wise decision. I like it better than any rest I've shot and coupled with a good sight....you've got a for sure winner right there. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hunter-XL
post Jul 20 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #9

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,441

Thats the way to go bro.You will love it. Been shooting that rest since they first hit the market and have no regrets.

+Quote Post
wdmjr3dbowguy
post Jul 20 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #10

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

We have the omega at clay and I believe it has its place on some bows. The qad is by far my choice and mostly what I recommend. The omega is a great rest for the super fast bows such as the athens or mathews monster. It offers containment, but has no problems clearing vanes. I have found recently that a lot of bows I have been setting up that shoot 315+ with the qad do not clear fast enough to allow vane clearence.

--------------------

http://www.facebook.com/nuclearchickenstrings
nuclearchickenstrings@mmarchery.com

+Quote Post
ICEMAN
post Jul 20 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #11

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (wdmjr3dbowguy @ Jul 20 2009, 01:13 PM) *
We have the omega at clay and I believe it has its place on some bows. The qad is by far my choice and mostly what I recommend. The omega is a great rest for the super fast bows such as the athens or mathews monster. It offers containment, but has no problems clearing vanes. I have found recently that a lot of bows I have been setting up that shoot 315+ with the qad do not clear fast enough to allow vane clearence.

I had my Reezen set at 61.7 lbs and it was shooting the Ultralight series 22 Gold Tips at 289 fps. I just turned the bow up to 69.4 and got a dozen 340 Axis arrows , so we will see what the new speeds and KE will be tomorrow when the rest gets here.

+Quote Post
wdmjr3dbowguy
post Jul 20 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #12

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

You ordered the qad or the omega?

--------------------

http://www.facebook.com/nuclearchickenstrings
nuclearchickenstrings@mmarchery.com

+Quote Post
Natural_Dad
post Jul 20 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #13

The Nat Dad
Group Icon

QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series HD

--------------------

+Quote Post
ICEMAN
post Jul 20 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #14

TNO Active Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (wdmjr3dbowguy @ Jul 20 2009, 01:30 PM) *
You ordered the qad or the omega?

Definetly not the Omega. I had a brand new one on there for less than 24 hours and it was gone and the new QAD was ordered.

Just as NAT said. QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series HD in Lost Camo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 10:47 PM