. Watch this article

Article Rating

Rating: 5 ( 4 total votes )

Article Information

Created by: BigCracker
On: Jan 22 2009, 11:21 PM

Views: 3303

Product Review - Energizer 6 LED Headlight
This article has been viewed 3303 times.
I’ve used various different head lamps from Rayovac to Petzel. I’ve used these headlamps for hunting, fishing, spelunking, working in the dark and power outages at my house. I was duck hunting at the start of this season and just as we were ready to head to the blind at 4am my friend turned on his Energizer, 1-Watt LED headlamp and almost made me blind.

I couldn’t believe the power of this lamp. While my brother-in-law and myself were tossing out decoys and using a Q-beam to see if all of them were upright or not, our friend Mike could see out there with this powerful headlamp. That was the deciding moment when I knew my next purchase would be one of the Energizer LED headlamps.

It didn’t take long for my latest headlamp to sink to the bottom of the St. John’s River on a really bad outing. I found myself in Wal-Mart the next day making the purchase on an Energizer 6 LED Headlight. Here are the details:

• adjustable elastic head strap
• Light has non-slip padding on back for comfort fit between head or on hat
• pivoting light head to focus light where you need it
• easy push on/mode change/off button switch
• 2 white LED spot lights
• 2 white LED flood lights
• use of both with a total of 4 LED spot and flood light
• 2 red LED night vision lights
• Nichia LED Bulb

Operation Times: with three new AAA batteries

• 50 hour run time on spot mode
• 50 hour run time on flood mode
• 20 hour run time on spot and flood mode
• 75 hour run time on red night vision mode

Mode Uses:

• Spot function - focuses light for detailed work
• Flood function - provides area light for walking, moving, working
• Spot and Flood function- provides maximum light with a combination of above two functions
• Night Vision - saves power, preserves night vision, decreases insect attraction to your face

Price:

Approximately $15.00 at Wal-Mart (can also be found at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Target and various other retail outlets)

Summary:

So far this is the best headlight I’ve owned for the price. Based on the performance of both my buddy Mike’s and my very own Energizer Headlight’s, my brother-in-law Mike is now looking to purchase one. For $15 I feel this light will compete with just about any light on the market. The only con to this is slightly heavy opposed to the LEDs that clip on the bill of your cap. Definitely not the 441 Lumens of my buddy’s 1-Watt light, but it is very bright and I can operate better in the dark with this than any other light I’ve owned to date. I would give this light a solid 4.5 stars out of 5
Print Article

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2017 - 12:57 PM