A childs prayer, Answered
oldmandekle
post Nov 21 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #1

TNO Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,738

I posted back in Sept about my grand daughter praying for me . She was asking the blessing for supper when she interjected "and please let Papa's boo boo get better so he can run and play with us ". Last night that prayer was answered. The kids were running , playing chase as they love to do when I thought WHY NOT. I got up off the couch and chased those little munchkins all about the "circle". Our place has a passage from the great room to the kitchen , a doorway to the dining room and a passage back tio the great room making a great circle track for the kids game of chase. My wife Emily 's mouth fell open, Chris cheered us on while Heater watched in amazement. I was :running" behind the kids and they were squeeling with joy. The first time in their life I was able to join in on an activity like "chase". My knees held up , no pain although I am a tad stiff today. No one outside my family knows the difficulty I had just walking a year ago. However , today is a different story. Both knees are new and even though I have some leg and hip pain I was on cloud 9 muself. Playing with my grandkids has been a dream that came true . I thank GOD for directing the doctors hand as both surgeries went very well. I am getting stronger and look forward to trying to hunt quail . Maybe next season. At any rate , I feel blessed to have seen and felt prayers answered on my behalf. . .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slammer
post Nov 22 2017, 06:56 AM
Post #2

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 285

That's cool. Glad you are doing good.
Life just keeps getting better if you let it.

This post has been edited by tinman1: Dec 6 2017, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
Weatherby06
post Nov 22 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #3

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,077

That is such an amazing story Mike, thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how great that felt to play with you grand kids like that. So glad to hear your health has improved enough to make that possible. Stuff like that is really the very best stuff in life.

--------------------
Why I carry a gun...I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!!

2012 BOWLIFE CHALLENGE...TEAM N.F.A. CREW!!!!
2013 TNO SMACKDOWN...TEAM CLOWN PATROL!!!!

+Quote Post
slammer
post Nov 26 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #4

TNO Super Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 285

WOOOPS
Typo...That should have said Life just keeps getting better!

+Quote Post
oldmandekle
post Nov 28 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #5

TNO Regular
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,738

Yes sir , life is good and getting better every day. Now a nice buck on the ground would make life Fantastic ....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 02:24 AM